I have you in my sight ! - Still to be worked on
I'm Sulfus aka Night, 18 years old hardcore player from France and i played Overwatch Beta & Alpha for more than 300 hours of intense game.
I reached Master Rank in Solo Q on beta only with Widowmaker and Genji with approximately 89% of winrate for more than 100 games
This guide will include general information on Widowmaker, her matchups, my advices, and all tips i can give you.
- Widowmaker's rifle in assault mode :
Ammo : 30
Damage : 13
Fire Rate : 10 rps
Reload : 1.5 seconds
Range : Medium / Close
- Widowmaker's sniper rifle :
Ammo : 30 (uses 3 per shot)
Damage : 17 - 150
Fire Rate : 1 rps
Reload : 1.5 seconds
/!\ Sniper fully charges to 100% in approximately 1,2 seconds /!\
- Grappling Hook : Allows to take into a good sniper spot or flee bad situations
- Venom Mine :
Duration: 5 seconds
Range: 3 meter radius (once triggered)
Cooldown: 15 seconds
- Infra Sight :
Widowmaker's recon visor allows her and her team to see the heat signatures of her targets through walls and objects for a moderate amount of time.
- This girl is badass asf
- Actually the best sniper of the game
- One of the best heroe when well mastered
- Very good damages, and well mastered this heroe is a real cancer
- One of the best ultimate of the game, because the loading of her ult is fast and inaudible (if you compare her voice when she use her ult, you can't heard anything except if you close with her) ==> This is very difficult to know before death if ennemy team got Infra-Sight
- Can have a real impact on the game
- Dependent on a very good positionning
- Very hard to master
- Dependent on a very good aim
- Dependent on a very good team
- No way to retreat if ennemy team is making all their possible to kill you (especially versus a Genji or a Babysited Sniper that getting help by a Reinhardht, Winston or a Mercy)
- Heroes Matchups
Widowmaker is weak against ..
"Even if I sacrifice my body, I will never sacrifice my honor."
==> Look Video Below
"Imagination is the essence of discovery."
Winston is a REAL BIG PROBLEM for ALL Widowmakers !
This dude got the best abilities to counter you, his barrier projector need more than 4/5 sniper rifle shoots with 100% of power to get down, he got a jump pack that permit him to get like Genji into EVERY spots you are, and he can finish you with Tesla Cannon without problems because even with a nice quickscoping, you can't kill him before he get you down ( too much HP)
"Justice will be done"
Widowmaker is good against ..
"True self is without form"
"Build ‘em up, break ‘em down."
"Bip.. bip.. BIP"
"I will protect the innocent."
"I'll be watching over you."
Synergize well with..
Her damage boost is pretty good.
His screen give you a little amount of time for easy sniping.
Can finish the wounded ennemies that you have hurt.
Tips and advices
- Widowmaker can take damage from her own Venom Mine (once triggered by an enemy), but her allies take no damage.
- You will see an arrow above your Venom Mine ability on the bottom right corner to let you know that you currently have a Venom Mine placed on the map somewhere.
- Even if you got a lot of ult, try to put it in good moments ( it's very important to anticipate the LAST moment of the game because ennemies will always rush for the Overtime, using Infra-Sight at the last moment could be very interesting)
- Change your sniping spot as much as you can because ennemy team will always know where you are
- Communication is very very important while playing Widowmaker, try to talk with your mates and try to know where the ennemies are, in general except if the ennemy Genji/Sniper is more good than you, there's no problems.
- 23/05/2016 : Basic Widowmaker Guide
Thanks for reading my first guide, I want to apologize for the spelling and the mistakes i could do because it's my first guide, and i'm french (it's pretty hard to write a guide in english for me^^)
For any questions or complaint about this guide, just ask all your questions below i will answer you as soon as possible !
You can add me on Bnet if you want : Night#23323